Reply to post:

No need to code your webpage yourself, says Microsoft – draw it and our AI will do the rest

wolfetone Silver badge

Long is the time I have been working in web development, and with every year that passes I become more and more isolated from the wider community. Why? I don't use a Mac, I don't grow a beard, I don't buy in to every single brand new framework that's the next big bollocks that's going to make my life easier. I get on with the task at hand, building a website to the clients needs and to deliver the best possible site I can build.

The irony though is that, from my experience, a lot of web designers etc have bought in to AI and home automation. Most of the ones I have encountered have an Alexa or Google thing where they order their Huel, have their iWatches hooked up to their phones ordering Ubers and Deliveroo. Automation, to them, has long been brilliant and a "life saver". Now though that very automation, that very AI they have bought in to and helped make popular, is now starting to take away from their jobs. The very thing they have helped do to high street stores and taxi drivers is happening to them and they don't like it.

Karma's a bitch.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019