Reply to post:

Big Tech turns saboteur to cripple new California privacy law in private

Jack of Shadows Silver badge
WTF?

Ya'd think that Google might, just might, have a clue about triggering an activist response given their recent experience with their own employees, wouldn't you? And if there was ever a state that has a nasty habit of activism, this would be at the very least near the top. But, no. Furthermore, things that get done via ballot measures in California have a contagion attached to them where other states tend to follow.

What I said to myself, right after the last hour heroic performance by our legislators to preempt the ballot measure, was that I'd wait and watch to see what comes from the tech sector Mega-Corps. Just long enough a wait that the populace may have, likely have, forgotten about all this. It's been awhile since I was last an activist. For a while I was, then I got apathetic (really burnt out). No longer. Gathering signatures, rather than having to pay people to do so, is a start. I could even see lending hardware and "professional services" gratis. And that's just me being me. These are my responses. I'm not totally rabid, can't speak to anyone else.

I also expect my email box runneth over shortly. While I haven't done anything in a while, I do get all the activist email even if I just whack it after a quick read. Now, does this really, really seem like a good idea dearest Silicon Valley?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019