Reply to post: Re: NEUKlearer HyperRadioProACTive IT Weapons Systems ... Not a Foe for Fights ...

Et tu, Brute? Then fail, Caesars: When it's hotel staff, not the hackers, invading folks' privacy

Alistair Silver badge

Re: NEUKlearer HyperRadioProACTive IT Weapons Systems ... Not a Foe for Fights ...

@AMFM:

There was a time in the *past* where the mob had a huge influence in Vegas, and there is little question that the "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas" expression *probably* came out of their blackmail habits. I'm not so certain that we're dealing with the same mentality in whatever security theatre is running Ceasars. I'm inclined to agree with the "We had some shit happen, so now we have to be SEEN to be DOING something" class of theatre.

As for why Vegas, well, it is on one of the more solid portions of that section1 of the continent. I suspect that in the zombie apocalypse, it will be quite well defended and, other than starving to death, rather well defended.

1. It is still however quite prone to earthquakes, relative to, say, the lower portion of the Canadian shield, or, say, Cincinatti.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019