Reply to post:

Et tu, Brute? Then fail, Caesars: When it's hotel staff, not the hackers, invading folks' privacy

hottuberrol

Have always hated conferences in Vegas. The company-enforced 12 hour flight in coach (or longer when the travel dept tells you its $100 cheaper to take a 3 hour layover in Chicago), the jet lag, the half mile walk to a 7am breakfast in a aircraft -hanger -sized basement, the 10 hour days in a dark presentation hall, the false bonhomie of corporate drones trying to pretend they are natural entertainers up on stage. OK I have seem some pretty cool presenters over the years I admit. And enjoyed some cheap shopping. But this year my room was entered twice by staff (whose?) delivering branded corporate bumf such as T shirts and coffee mugs during my absence. And the hotels jam you with "resort fees" on top of the room rate.....but then they dont send you the email invoice you were promised to avoid the queue*** to check out,....so more unnecessary chasing and paperwork to get that money back, even though the room was paid for in advance. And now this......

*** more accurately, the hotel avoids paying the wages to staff the front desk sufficiently

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019