Reply to post: Only option to stay sane...

For all the excitement, Pie may be Android's most minimal makeover yet – thankfully

Baldrickk Silver badge

Only option to stay sane...

Seems to be to ignore the data slurp - give in to it...

Trying to lock everything down just makes you go crazy, paranoid and stressed at the same time, and the only way to stop it seems to be to become Amish.

I'm not comfortable with my phone screen scraping everything I look at - as boring as it is. But what can you do to stop it?

The only viable option would be to go to another system, but the only viable one would be an iPhone, but there are other reasons why I don't want to go there either.

Most recently being my iPhone using sister with a video to send to me, resorting to sending via an online service because the iPhone doesn't support point to point file transfers over bluetooth. I mean, how hard is it?

Google are just after your data, Apple want to lock you down too much. I really, really want a third option.

Ubuntu touch and sailfish seem like good ways to go, but neither support my phone right now, and are not quite viable for day to day use yet, but I really want them to be!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019