Reply to post: Re: One move and we shoot

Sysadmin trained his offshore replacements, sat back, watched ex-employer's world burn

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: One move and we shoot

But you can't just do it blindly and unquestioningly and without attracting a LOT of unwanted attention on your HR processes.

And being sued into a small hole in the ground by people who have been made 'redundant'.

BTW - making people redundant is the single hardest and most stressful thing I've ever done in my career. I hated it - even though it was a case of "if we don't make people redundant, the company is going to go under"

(It was a small manufacturing company, operating on razor-thin margins and a declining customer base. Even though we were doing things to turn that around, we sismply didn't have the cash-flow to even make payroll in about three months time if we didn't do something. Fortunately, the guy who ended up being made redundant was actually better off - he came back a month or so later 1-2 days a week as a consultant for the year or so left before he retired. He was happy with the situation..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019