Reply to post: Re: Vogon

I predict a riot: Amazon UK chief foresees 'civil unrest' for no-deal Brexit

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Vogon

Mooseman, your slight of me is ludicously laughable. There is nothing in anything I said in my post to indicate that I do not like foreigners.

Neither did I say anything about limiting numbers of immigrantss, let alone Asian ones.

The one thing that you are correct on is that I do think it's unutterably rude to live in a country and refuse to try to speak its language. But we both know there's important differences between UK ex-pats in Spain and women from cultures where they are positively dissuaded by relatives from engaging with the colture they are surrounded by.

And, I'd remind you, I think the EU is a GOOD idea - as I stated. And I said that I stupidly voted in anger over something a German politician had said - io spell it out for you, I voted Leave due to something I;d heard a German politician say on the DWTV site, and on the spur of the moment voted Leave, then regretted it.

In short, you've done exactly what so many people seem to have done over that wretched referendum (which should never have taken place IMO), ie: decided on a caricature for everyone that voted one or other way, assumed it applies to everyone, then just slung mud irrespective of anything else.

It's exactly your kind of attitude to political debate that causes me to not want to engage in it much; because so few over here are willing to look at facts and see ALL the potential problems without making egregrious personal attacks on those who may feel things stack up differently, instead of calmily arguing/discussing the matter.

Personally, I prefer to try to get on with people around me. Any idiot can make enemies - it takes effort to make friends.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon