Reply to post: The 'Nearly' platform

Enterprise Windows 10 users, Microsoft has some 'quality' patches coming your way

Kevin Johnston

The 'Nearly' platform

As someone who has used Microsoft for OS and other applications pretty much since day 1, I have to wonder what is going on.

It is as though they have split every function out to separate teams and they have each gone their own way with no communication between teams. So many changes and 'improvements' that nearly do what was intended. Updates that nearly fix faults and bug fixes which also kill minor functions or introduce new bugs and an overall plan that...OK so no overall plan then.

It is made worse because even though the alternatives are quite good, they have their own problems either through price (Apple) or else from a lack of the slightly niche applications (Linux) used by the people who would then sing Hosannahs for their liberation from Windows

I had mostly moved away from Windows but only by keeping a VM running for those oddities and using a console for gaming but I have been drifting back because while I can keep Windows 7 going it is just so much more convenient even though it means I have weird things happen every once in a while.

Is this a failing of OS developers or is it just that we demand more from a simple PC than it is able to supply in one box?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon