Reply to post: Re: A better informed and empowered customer base?

Brits whinging less? About ISPs, networks and TV? It's gotta be a glitch in the Matrix

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: A better informed and empowered customer base?

Which makes you think "why dont they just connect you there in the first place!"

Yup. The reason why I (finally) left Demon Internet post-borging was their 'help' desk. I knew exactly what the issue was (water in the line box outside the house - it needed to be drained and the connections cleaned and dried - this happened fairly regularly until BT actually fixed the cause rather than the symptom..) but still, painfully, had to go through the scripted process.

After having the phone put down on me twice by the same person ("You can't speak to me like that"! - I'd asked him to skip to the end of the script and just call BT like had been done 3 times previously and then, when I redialled and got put back through to him again, he immediately put the phone down again..) and having my formal complaint utterly ignored, I went to IDNet since they had proper techies answering the phone and a good reputation.

While they were good, their prices gradually crept upwards so I eventually moved on to Zen. Which is where I still am.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon