Reply to post: Urrghgh. You mean...

US voting systems (in Oregon) potentially could be hacked (11 years ago) by anybody (in tech support)

Palpy

Urrghgh. You mean...

... my mail-in ballot in 2004 may have been compromised in some way on the county tabulation machine? But nobody knows if that actually happened, or if the Bush over Kerry win was illegitimate because of my vote being hijacked by an as-yet undocumented hack?

WELL!

I vote for Ron Wyden. And Jeff Merkley. And in the House, Peter DeFazio ... I must say, I have called upon DeFazio's office three times when in need of aid, and his staff have responded immediately. This actually made a difference in my personal life. Me, personally, mind you!

The USA was not established as a democracy. In the days of the Founders, only about 6% of the population were allowed to vote -- the white, land-owning males, usually. So it is gratifying to me, an heir of these oligarchic, slave-whipping arseholes, when democracy seems to be coming to the USA.

Trump is a setback. I hope it's temporary. But I have a current passport, and Costa Rica looks sane.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon