Reply to post: Re: Brexit bus disowned next day

Indictment bombshell: 'Kremlin intel agents' hacked, leaked Hillary's emails same day Trump asked Russia for help

Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Re: Brexit bus disowned next day

Which next day was the £350M/week for the NHS promise was disowned? I cannot find any disclaimer from when the bus started driving around. Farage waited until after the result was announced. Boris was still defending it in January of this year. Perhaps our local Brexit commenters would like to provide a link to when a major Leave campaigner first admitted that the campaign promise ridiculous. I talked with people right up to the day of the vote who could not believe something a politician would have painted on the side of a big red was obvious lie. The lie got votes.

So far Leave commenters have yet to point out a single benefit to me that they expect to get negotiated. I will happily continue to poor scorn on any long term Brexiteer commenter here who cannot point to one of their own comments vigorously excoriating the £350M/week pledge before the referendum. Leavers without such comment were either complicit it in the lie or too ignorant to express an informative opinion.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon