Reply to post:

East Midlands network-sniffer wails: Openreach, fix my outage-ridden line

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

And how do you know I've created a problem? Is that the only possible explanation?

I want to know what constitutes a "fault" before I know whether to accept the risk of getting them out to 'look' at it - what will they look at and consider as faulty - but nobody can tell me that. So for all I know they might just run the same automated test, perform a quite line test on a nice dry still day with no noise, tell me there's no fault, piss off and send me a bill. Next day it rains or the wind blows the wrong way and nothing has changed except I've got a big bill.

I still have enormous fat twin core cable running down the front of my house too which I think is long obsoleted. I think it's joined somehow to the overhead run of newer stuff. Maybe that's where a fault is, maybe it's miles away, but I don't know if it'd get changed regardless just by virtue of its age or possible fault condition. Nobody can tell me, so nothing has ever happened. I don't really use the phone anyway but that's beside the point.

I don't see how this fits with your analogy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019