Reply to post: Re: At the risk of being branded misogynst...

As far as the gender pay gap in Britain goes, IBM could do much worse

LucreLout

Re: At the risk of being branded misogynst...

Agreed, but you solve it in the same ways you always have so realistically we could automate that.

No, I solve it in the most appropriate way for the current situation. It's just that I can see the dead ends and the millennials have to go explore them because they can't see its a dead end.

Inexperience brings fresh ideas

No, it really doesn't. Inexperience brings a lot of unworkable noise that those with experience can see through in a second. Fresh ideas come from fresh thinking, and theres no age related component to that, however much you wish there were.

which are at least as valuable as experience if not more so now we’re architecting for cloud which when done properly is completely different to standard architectures

Inexperience is free mate - nobody pays for it because its worth less than shit - that can be used as fertilizer at least. Architecting for the cloud isn't particularly challenging I'm afraid - certainly none of the millennials I work with can do it half as effectively or nearly so quick as I can.

Sorry, but young inexperienced staff simply aren't worth a lot of money because they're not bringing very much value to the role. Experience pays - it always has and it always will because its more valuable than anything else you can bring to a job. If you want to get paid for being young & dumb, then go be a sex worker - its about the only way youth gets paid more than experience.

You'll figure this out for yourself in another 15-20 years. Report back then.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon