Reply to post:

Atari accuses El Reg of professional trolling and making stuff up. Welp, here's the interview tape for you to decide...

Alistair Silver badge
Windows

Kieren:

Is it possible that the gentleman is blind, perhaps, or simply unaware of the object sitting on the table in front of him was an audio recording device? Could he perhaps have a very large blind spot? Has he resigned and run off to Bora Bora, or some other small, remote, isolated pacific island?

There might be those that quibble about the editing of the clips as posted vs the full length interview, but, come *on*, you don't invite a well known journal with the subhead Biting the hand that feeds IT to an interview and gladhanding exercise without being prepared with appropriate bullshit answers. And I don't know sweet FA about this new toy they're launching, but even so, I'd have appropriate toilet blocker quotes for (what are in my view) bog standard techie questions in that situation. It is abundantly clear to me that the executive was utterly unprepared to answer anything remotely like a technical question, and if it were me in the CEO seat, that poor bastard would be on the street, rather than the shit that they've posted on their side....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019