Reply to post: Re: So... who pays for the 3G/4G data connection?

'Plane Hacker' Roberts: I put a network sniffer on my truck to see what it was sharing. Holy crap!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: So... who pays for the 3G/4G data connection?

From Nissan Leaf manual

"Your agreement to the transmission and use of data by NISSAN can be provided in various ways. The vehicle is equipped with a “pop up” screen on the vehicle navigation system that will ask for your consent to this data transfer. A version of the following message will appear:“Pursuant to subscription agreement, your vehicle wirelessly transmits recorded vehicle data to NISSAN for various purposes, including NissanConnectSM EV Services services, product evaluation, research and development. By pressing OK, you consent to the transmission and use of your vehicle data. Refer to the Owner’s Manual or NISSAN Owner’s portal webpage for terms and details.”If you press [OK], your vehicle will transmit data as designed in connection with the vehicle telematics system. If you press [Decline] your vehicle will not transmit data. However, the telematics features referenced above, and perhaps others, will not be available to you. The vehicle’s static navigation system will remain operational, and you will be able to access your radio and climate controls. "

I think NISSAN pays - there is no obvious monthly charge.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon