Reply to post: Re: Work Experience

Drug cops stopped techie's upgrade to question him for hours. About everything

Peter2 Silver badge

Re: Work Experience

I was lucky enough to get to do my pre-GCSE work experience week in a military facility.

Me too. I broke in every morning though, to the great chargrin of the base security. They had a massively secure gate system on a secondary entrance with impressive physical locks and electronic alarms if you forced it open, but it was unguarded and you could get your arm through the gate and unlock the gate. As it wasn't supervised, you could then turn around and lock it again, gaining entry with nobody being the wiser.

They got me to write that up, and also see if I could find any other problems with their external security. The colonel on the base actually read it and was surprisingly decent about it, I ended up getting a case of severe amnesia when talking to the teachers about "had I left the workplace agreed with the school" and in return was allowed to go and watch a military exercise for a day, albeit from a staff car which I wasn't allowed to leave to absolutely ensure that my 14 year old self couldn't possibly blow his fingers off by playing with things possibly lying around.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon