Reply to post: Re: Enjoy this while it lasts

White House calls its own China tech cash-inject ban 'fake news'

CheesyTheClown

Re: Enjoy this while it lasts

I don’t know whether I want to agree or debate this.

We saw republicans dropping from the election for now reason that seemed clear. Just one after another dropped out and yielded to Trump with no explaination to be had. Each time they dropped out and made their support for Trump clear it looked like people behaving as if they were forced to under duress.

Bernie seemed to have real support of the people because they believed in him politicaly. As though they liked his message. Hillary seemed to garner support by people who liked her making fun of Trump and also by people voting for superficial reasons. I’ve been a long believer that it’s time for a female president. I remember as a child being excited that Geraldine Ferrara was running. But Hillary simply scared me because her message didn’t seem to be anything other than “I’ll win and it’s my turn!”

Sander dropped out out of what seemed like frustration over the stubborn child stomping her feet and claiming “I’ll win, it’s my turn!”

I have had great hopes that if this election proved anything to the American people, it’s that the two parties are so corrupt that people need a choice and neither party is offering a choice to the people.

Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, and others can all change the platform. They can reinvent the entire two party system overnight. All it would take is to each build on their platforms a new electoral process to identify and support candidates that they would then have added to the ballot. If each company run different competitions and systems to identify and sponsor candidates, we could have a presidential election with 10 or more alternatives to choose from.

They can even allow underdogs to get a grip on the elections. For example, traditional fund raisers which reward only people willing to sell their political capital would become irrelevant. People could get elected because they were in fact popular instead of having sold their souls in exchange for enough money for some commercial time.

I think Trump and Hillary may be the best thing to ever happen to America. If two shit bags like them can end up being the only possible choices the people had, then it’s clear it’s time for a change.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon