Reply to post: Re: Hahashahahahahahaahah!

Atari accuses El Reg of professional trolling and making stuff up. Welp, here's the interview tape for you to decide...

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Hahashahahahahahaahah!

"Don't show up to a meeting in order to provide lots of, "Um, I don't know" and "I can't tell you" statements. No one cares about I don't know and I can't tell you. Successful hype isn't built on uncertainty."

I couldn't agree more, Artz is an arse! None-answers, sentences trailing off to nothing, having said nothing and so on. If anyone did a full semantic analysis of the interview and took out all the "noise" I strongly suspect Artz's "contribution" to the full 30 minutes would consist of about 30 seconds of repeated "I don't know"

My wife watches a lot of craft instructables on Youtube and the US based ones sound the same as this interview. It's as if they are terrified of silence, even when they have nothing to say. Is this normal in the US or am I just seeing the worst of it?

My hat is off to the Reg reporter for his extreme patience, surely one of his most agonising interviews. Might as well have interviewed the tea boy!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon