Reply to post: why don't they (...) die at last?!

Dixons Carphone profits drop 24% amid hack 'n' high street struggles

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

why don't they (...) die at last?!

I mean, it's not like they actually carry a decent selection, so that I can go and actually SEE / TRY something, before I buy (this has become a real f... problem over the last 10 - 20 years where you can't practically see / try anything other than the "flagship" and "top sellers" in any brick and mortar shop across the whole of Europe.

Dixons rightly deserve to have disappeared long before Quicksave, Maplin, long before... Mothercare!

oh, I see, well, never mind mothercare!

that said, I DO remember the golden age... when I came to the land of Angles for the first time, and, having just purchased my first ever, horribly expensive, proper Sony walkman on the continent, I just discovered, to my jutter dismay, that the Sony (SONY!!!) earphones.. kind of failed. Then, the English locals I came across in the broad countryside of Suffolk, took me to their bosom and, consequently, to the local Dixons shoppe where my faith in capitalism and its fabled customer service was temporarily restored, as the local Dixons manager replaced (with some reluctance and resignation at having to participate in this farce) those faulty earphones with a brand-new pair (and they failed pretty soon, but hey). Those were the days! But now... now BREXIT!!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon