Reply to post: Get a grip

Meet the Frenchman masterminding a Google-free Android

jaffa99

Get a grip

I'm not using Android 5 (or earlier), even if I was I really don't mind if the ad says "Happy Birthday John, your favourite beer is on special offer just for you", how is that intrusive? I don't consider my name or date of birth to be a secret.

I don't run any apps that point to any strange passtimes or perversions, I'm pretty normal. As I said in my original comment I suspect it's mostly perverts and criminals dripping about being 'tracked', maybe people having affairs too or other dishonest folk, they need to be careful I get it.

But do you people really think you keep your names and addresses secret? How do you get stuff delivered? How do you rent a car? How do you get a mobile phone? How did you open a bank account? How did you get a credit card? How did you get a job? How many people look at your passport or driving licence, how many hotels have photocopies of those documents? Waaaaaaaaa company A knows what I bought from company B, waaaaaaaaa the sky is falling. Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon