Reply to post: Re: Errr

Scrapping Brit cap on nurses, doctors means more room for IT folk

LucreLout

Re: Errr

Voting for leave means you are more interested in your personal goals that many other peoples goals.

No it doesn't. Quite the opposite in fact. No change is primarily to my own benefit - I earn as much as I'm willing to under the current tax system and have resorted to reducing my hours to keep my tax payments at least in the neighbourhood of reality. I'll be fine if we remain - I don't need us to sign new trade deals with the rest of the world. I could even vote labour, because when they (again) go broke and get turfed out, I'll still be fine.

I voted leave to benefit the next generation, to provide them with access to the global market rather than the increasingly economically irrelevant rEU.

some of the most compelling reasons to vote for brexit were xenophobic

Such as? Frankly I found the debate around immigration to be the usual fact free nonsense. Where will the skills and experience come from if we don't import it?

I genuinely couldn't find a good argument offered by eithe rcamp in relation to immigration and there are good arguments that could and should have been made. My vote came down to trade to benefit the next generations - I rather like working with my non-British colleagues, and hope & expect they'll stick around next year post Brexit.

we are not in a good place to negotiate

I disagree - we're in a better place than most of the world.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon