Reply to post: 'Stopped using 3rd-party email automation platform'

BCC is hard, OK? Quite a lot of orgs blurted your email addresses in GDPR mailouts

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

'Stopped using 3rd-party email automation platform'

Oh boy, isn't this the excuse of the hour. How many other services require sharing people's data with 3rd parties with the sole narrow justification of cost savings etc. Following GDPR, I look forward to some of these services coming back home so to speak. Don't you? Here's an example...

Mandrillapp.com powered emails started arriving this week. But there's no way to load the webpage to check the consent settings, or email anyone to explain it isn't working. What's the odds the ass who put this together was signed-in from their own local network, and didn't test logged-off or on an outside network / other device, so everything only 'appeared to work'!

This is my 10th case seeing this just on a personal level. Jesus Christ when will firms start testing this on outside networks and devices before assuming they're compliant! Even better than that though... Start asking, whether you should even be holding onto people's email addresses. Why is there NO audit process? In all 10 cases this week, the firms involved had no right to keep my email anymore! Its just a liability to them, WTF?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon