Reply to post:

You know me, I don't know you: Hospital reportedly raps staff for peeking at Ed Sheeran data

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Take a look at EMIS for a good example. EMIS entered the market in 1987. (https://www.emisgroupplc.com/who-we-are/our-history/) and around a decade or so ago had about 90% market share in our county because it was designed by doctors for doctors, and actually worked flawlessly unlike some of the competitions products.

I beg to differ. I've installed the Emis client on many machines , and reinstalled on almost as many as often that seems to be the only way to "fix" it when it refuses to work.

The most common problem is just NOTHING HAPPENING when you try start it , this can be for a variety of reasons but no errors are fed back. a simple "cannot contact server , check network cable" wouldnt hurt.

...and! ..and! get this - it has a sort of Launcher thing rather than just running like a normal app.

The Launcher has the gall to put up a message saying something like "Emis will start shortly"

LIKE ITS UP TO THE PROGRAM IF IT WANTS TO START!!!

Most of us have come to read the message as "Emis may start after an indeterminate amount of time , or more likely nothing will start except some sort of framework exe detectable only with task manager"

And why is it that you log in with name , password , and a code for your area/dept

yet if you want to to log into a different area you have to load up a different emis program called "department swapper" or something , and tell it the code for the dept you will be logging into next time you launch emis.

SO WHY is there a dept field on the logon box?

Given that that that field IS there , can emis not surmise that you want to log into dept X without you having to manually tell it before hand?

</rant>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon