Reply to post:

Trump’s new ZTE tweets trump old ZTE tweets

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Its just another way of saying "liberal media bias", which nowadays really means "lack of conservative media bias" - since a heavy conservative bias is the only way to make it look like Trump isn't in real trouble on multiple fronts, all of which Mueller is now apparently investigating. FNC used to be tilted a little conservative in the same way MSNBC was tilted a little liberal. The biases were obvious when you watched their shows, but it mostly came down to what they spent their time discussing - i.e. democratic scandal gets wall to wall coverage on FNC while republican scandal gets only a small mention, the reverse is true on MSNBC. They discussed the same set of facts, it was just their interpretation of those facts which differed.

Once Trump got the nomination, FNC made a major change. They're completely in the tank for Trump, and like him operate on their own set of "alternative facts" that have no basis in the real world. Watching it is like finding yourself in an alternate reality - and I'm sure those who watch FNC all the time probably have the same experience watching MSNBC. But make no mistake, it is Fox that changed, MSNBC reports on the latest news on the Mueller investigation (i.e. treats it as an actual investigation, not a witch hunt that doesn't deserve mention) while FNC focuses on the conspiracy theory of the day and bangs the drums for finding a reason to help Trump obstruct justice by firing Mueller.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon