Reply to post: Re: Not surprised at all.

So when can you get in the first self-driving car? GM says 2019. Mobileye says 2021. Waymo says 2018 – yes, this year

GruntyMcPugh Silver badge

Re: Not surprised at all.

@Roland6

'interior condition' ....Back in the noughties, I worked for an ISP (ntl:) and that company grew by aquisition, and me and my tecchie chums who were assimilated from a smaller ISP travelled the country assimilating other offices, so we had a lot of rentals. So we found a few things in cars, a 'Big Country' CD, 'The Crossing', so we sang along to that, another time we piled into the car, and there was a funny smell, and we found a half eaten kebab in the glove box,.. but the funniest was the day after we'd been out, I got a phone call from reception asking for my colleague who had booked the car, "he's not in yet", 'Oh, she said, it's just the guy from Hertz has come to pick up the car you had yesterday, and there's a dog in it'. So I called my colleague's mobile "Where's Bruno?!" I opened, ... 'Oh shit!' he replied, he'd put the dog in the car, and driven it back to work for the pick up, intending to walk the dog home, .. dog had fallen asleep on the back seat, colleague walked home alone......

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon