Reply to post: Re: If it aint broke don't fix it

Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update downs Chrome, Cortana

ADRM

Re: If it aint broke don't fix it

Absolutely agree with you 100%. Sitting here with all the machines in our home running Windows 7. No strange six monthly update feast and setting reset here. Just rock solid stability. Like a good OS should do Windows 7 just runs for weeks at a time. Come 2020 I'll continue to use it as a VM in a Linux Mint installation. I own VMWare Workstation so use that for numerous Virtual Machines back to DOS and through 95 to NT4 to 2000 and XP and so on. My laptop dual boots 7 and Mint Mate. I hope the crapfest that is windows 10 just goes away and dies. Me I have tested it on hardware and in VM since the first betas and like Bombastic Bob I used to comment about the awful "look and feel" and the lack on Aero or Windows 2000 type display mode for lab machines and PC's for work and was shouted down by numerous wierdos. Same on Tenforums, the haven for the 10 love fester. So I gave up decided it was not ready for prime time. Most of the family has stayed on 7 or 8.1 and 10 is unusable. I have used M$ products since 1996 in my home. Before that the Amiga 1200 and 500+. Still have an Amiga emulator. To me Windows 2000 was M$ best ever OS. NT4 was also awesome. Liked XP and 7.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon