Reply to post: "Winnix"

Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update downs Chrome, Cortana

Anonymous Coward
Windows

"Winnix"

You cannot call it Windows any longer as it stopped being that with Vista its a 'Nix' with run levels and all.

I have a long list of Hardware that Linux has destroyed, all since rise of Ubuntu, on the other hand Microsoft kills my subscriptions and access to other programs and hardware and time. I have a list of the hundreds of pointless hours spent working around Windows faults only to have the workarounds rendered useless with a change to Windows via updates.

For many years Microsoft staff could not even refer correctly to updates, often in documents calling them updates, upgrades, packs, patches, service, security, and so many other things I just cannot remember them. I stopped updating and only then downloaded administrative service packs manually going thru them bit by bit.

With much software(Softwire) an update means a design change to keep up with operating systems, for their fashion conscious fanbois. Only serving to remove access to essential portions of the software I rely on or kill it altogether. Reminds me of the motor vehicle industry shuffling designs to seem relevant and sell models.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon