Reply to post: Re: It it ain't broke, you're not trying

Microsoft's latest Windows 10 update downs Chrome, Cortana

doublelayer Silver badge

Re: It it ain't broke, you're not trying

High sierra installs have become very unreliable. Some people have no problems at all. Others have some difficulty getting the install back into working order but once that's accomplished, everything works perfectly. That's my sister, whose mac I had to reinstall and restore from backup but there has been no problem since. Others have noted frequent application crashes and operating system instability. And then there's me, where something that happened at the update has put my machine into a seemingly endless loop of bricking itself for about two weeks before restarting fine for about a week before starting again. This issue did not happen before the high sierra update and it persists through clean installs of high sierra, sierra, and el capitan, so I'm presuming some kind of firmware problem. In addition, various security bugs have been found in High Sierra which has led to questioning of the quality control on this release. I assume some corporates are dealing with these problems and have become perhaps excessively irritated due to a small sample set of machines that failed. Then again, I'm the same--I'm not sure I could buy another mac, given the fact that apple has failed to make any change or diagnose the problem that my machine has.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon