Reply to post: Re: You're certainly not OK

Windrush immigration papers scandal is a big fat GDPR fail for

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: You're certainly not OK

If you were born in the UK between 1 January 1983 and 1 July 2006 then you can only be British if at least one parent was British and living in the UK.

Incorrect. Children of parents with permanent leave to remain from that period are also British citizens.

So, you will have to obtain your birth certificate and a parent's birth certificate and possibly your parent's marriage certificate.

One of the reasons why the paperwork for permanent leave to remain is still sitting in our house fire safe nearly two decades after the event. It is also paperwork which I KNOW the Home Office has destroyed. They were fully aware of the consequences as in its absence all children birth certificates as well as certificates of naturalization issued after that can be deemed invalid. "Creating Hostile Environment" for ILLEGAL ALL immigrants.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019