Reply to post:

Amazon, LG Electronics turned my vape into an exploding bomb, says burned bloke in lawsuit

The good mods, yes. 200watts is average now days - usually in a two 18650 battery configuration and in reality, only hit 177watts depending on coil configuration. There is a whole industry dedicated to vaping with competing chipsets like Evolv's DNA series (the current standard top of the line), YiHi, Gene, etc, etc, and VandyVape just came out with a new chipset after much much controversy in the community (jury still out on quality of VV's chip). Battery cycles are generally gentle, with the mod cutting out when voltage reaches 3.5V before requiring a recharge. Note: It's best practice to charge your batteries on an external charger at 2A or less. Most mod chipsets don't balance well (again DNA chipset is King and does everything well, even has Escribe software to mess with the settings) and plugging a USB cable into the mini port wears them out until they break. On my current mod, an Hotcig RSQ single 18650 80watt bottom feed mod, I'll get around 250-300 puffs with temperature control 500F SS at 48 watts on a single staggered fused clapton coil Hcigar Maze v3 RDA before needing a battery change.

K, that being said, the best way to blow yourself up is with an unregulated mod - UNLESS YOU KNOW WTF YOU'RE DOING AND HAVE MEMORIZED (or have it tattooed somewhere on your body for instant reference) OHM'S LAW! I relatively know what I'm doing, yet won't touch an unregulated mod with a ten foot pole because I only need to screw up once for lasting injuries. Regulated mods fail due to hardware, flooding with juice, or junk/fake batteries - much much safer, I like my face/teeth ;)

So, knowing all this leads me to believe this guy is in contention for a Darwin Award, methodology still in paper napkin stages.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon