Reply to post:

Tech bribes: What's the WORST one you've ever been offered?

Peter2 Silver badge

The best bribe i've been offered was from an overpriced vendor, with one of those salesdroids you take an instant dislike to. Sensing that bullshitting me about how wonderful they were and being overly "best matey" with me was annoying me they fell back upon the killer strategy.

I was offered amazon vouchers at a percentage value (something like 10-15% from memory, it was a long time ago) of whatever I spent with this vendor. We were spending several thousand a month.

The vouchers would have been in my name, not the companies who were paying for the goods. After clarifying this point, I thanked them for the offer and kicked them out and reported the offer to management. This was before the bribary act came in, so I don't think it was explicitly illegal at the time, just massively immoral.

Bribes I have taken include innumerable pens, keyrings and other tat (including a set of Sophos socks) for chatting to sales people for a few minutes at industry events. But that's sort of pretty routine, everybody expects to collect a decent goody bag at industry events in exchange for feigning interest in the stallholders products for a few minutes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon