Reply to post: RE: As a never-signed up non member....

Facebook admits it does track non-users, for their own good

mrdalliard
Devil

RE: As a never-signed up non member....

I'm having this battle at the moment, trying to get Facebook to divulge what information they know about me even though I'm not a member. I know that some of my real "friends" have tagged me in pictures, mentioned me in events and discussed me in comments.

Now because I don't have an account, I can't manage or "untag" this stuff, even though it's information about me that's in the (semi) public domain, even before you start to look at advertising data or whatever.

I've had two responses from Facebook in relation to the case I've opened with them. So far, and I'm not sure whether it's via just plain obscurity or stupidity (I suspect a bit of both), they don't seem to comprehend that:

- I can't manage an "account", so can't do anything about the data they hold.

- That if I had an account and it was deleted, everything was removed. (And I know it wasn't).

My last reply to their support-people mentioned the "right to be forgotten" in every way, shape or form. Funnily enough, it's been nearly a week since I've had another response.

I imagine this will involve a lot of banging my head against a wall at least until GDPR kicks off, but I'm going to keep badgering them out of principle.

Icon = Mr Zuck.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon