Reply to post: Re: Brave New World

Exposed: Lazy Android mobe makers couldn't care less about security

Charles 9

Re: Brave New World

"You're more likely to be compromised by a flawed app that hasn't been updated than you are by your Android version having a serious exploit in it because you don't access things with Android but with Apps."

I find that a little hard to believe. Apps aren't as dependent on the OS version as you think. Heck, the latest Facebook (and I DO use it, albeit minimally and only out of necessity) still runs on an old Galaxy Tab 3, and that's stranded on KitKat. Most of the updates to the Android OS are more to support itself than the apps. The biggest app-related upgrade was in Marshmallow when app permissions switched to on-demand instead of on-install, but that's something of a six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other thing.

PS. I specifically like the Note 4 because I have big hands, and it's 51/2 inches. That G5's no bigger than the S5 I keep as a backup unit (and I was forced to use it when my previous Note 4 suffered an internal hardware failure--unlike the S4 before it, the US S5 supports LTE Band III).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon