Reply to post: "Well intentioned lawmakers could stifle IoT innovation"

'Well intentioned lawmakers could stifle IoT innovation', warns bug bounty pioneer

Milton

"Well intentioned lawmakers could stifle IoT innovation"

"Well intentioned lawmakers could stifle IoT innovation"

The first three words tend to make the last four irrelevant. Especially if by "well intentioned" the speaker is implying "thoughtful, well-informed, honourably motivated": I think you'll find that the minority of politicians fitting that description finally became extinct between 1980 and 2001.

So a more accurate statement would be:

"Politicians who know remarkably little about anything, and are especially clueless when it comes to technology and science, acting in the interests of themselves and well-funded lobbyists, pursuing narrow political and party advantage for shabby, squalid motives, could stifle IoT innovation ... insofar as this is in any way distinct from their entirely routine misunderstanding and ignorance of all issues before them and the exercise of reflexive dishonesty, hypocrisy and moral cowardice in the essentially quotidian practice of fucking up simply everything that they touch."

Unfortunately as an expectations-settings phrasing, it's a bit wordy to include everywhere it belongs i.e. in every article discussing politicians' behaviour. Perhaps we need an acronym in the spirit of Heinlein's TANSTAAFL? As a starter for two I offer:

People Of Little Integrity, Tiny Intelligence, Colossal Incompetence, Achieving Nothing.

I have no doubt it could be greatly improved upon, and there should be generous virtual beer for the best acronyms to be used as trigger warnings in El reg articles ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon