Reply to post: Re: Bude

GCHQ boss calls out Russia for 'industrial scale disinformation'

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Bude

Couple of points.

You are deliberately mixing in strawmen arguments.

On your points:

Point 1 - Maybe.

Point 2 - Mixing, diluting and spraying sheep has nothing to do with this case. The LD50s and the amounts differ by 3+ orders of magnitude. The amounts available for analysis are not even in the microgram range.

Organophosphate residual analysis is a well known discipline For ones with fluorine modification in the organic portion which were invented after all western chemical weapons programs were officially closed? I very seriously doubt it. They hydrolize differently. Sure - you may use some of the old Porton Down data, but you will need to synthesize it and re-establish baseline running some experiments.

However to identify a particular general formula or formulation - ie to be able to say this is Temik or Round-up or for that matter VX is a lot simpler

Can you stop shuffling strawmen? The GP was repeating the Daily Mail drivel that we can identify the supplying lab to its post code. Gas Mass and the software which does the frag analysis for the Mass Spectrometry portion will often give you the formula even when the formula is unknown. That's its job. It does not give "quantity" for any of the compounds detected.

It cannot give you a definitive signature for "source". For that you need samples and calibration curves and sufficient amounts for "legacy" chromatorgraphy detection such as IR spectrography on the detector. I have worked with this for a few years - definitely long enough to tell you that you simply cannot get those from a residual trace smeared on a (supposedly) door handle. You need a sufficient quantity to work with.

And personally when virtually every countries - you mean like the current Eu rotating presidency which said black on white in writing that: "The British have only provided hypothesis, suppositions and maybes. They have failed to support it with a single shred of evidence and fact. We are not doing anything until they do. Sometimes, the only way not to repeat the Daily Mail propaganda is to be able to read 4-5 languages.

The reality is - even Eastern Europe is presently kept in line solely by the threat of "sanctions" (no, I am not kidding, that is how we treat allies). If we provided tangible evidence, that would be unnecessary.

I will leave the tap-dancing in the minefield separately - I suggest you get a proper analysis of their propaganda and how they shifted internal propaganda efforts for the last decade. It makes an interesting reading (and something our dolts have failed to read).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon