Reply to post: Outlook preview pain

Using Outlook? You should probably do some patching

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Outlook preview pain

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Outlook have an option to "disable preview pane" as of some time in the late 20th century? Thunderbird still does.

I quite liked Outlook back in the day, due to its combination of email, calendar, contacts, etc.

In fact I liked it so much that since leaving my corporate employers a few years ago, I've paid real money for Outlook, twice, in the last few years. Sadly, neither of them were legit working versions, so I won't make the same mistake again if I can help it.

The first one, from a well known Marketplace, looked like a home grown DVD and a dodgy corporate key, which wasn't a complete surprise given the price, so it stayed unused.

More recently the 2nd one was bought from the well known retailer themselves with the intention of replacing a "free" online email package in use by a tiny non-profit org, with something more, er, 'professional'.

It appeared to be a legit download but with an online "support id" rather than "product key". Despite paying pretty much full retail price for Office 2016 Home and Business, and despite hours on the phone or in chat with Microsoft support, it refused to activate. Money down the drain again?

Not going to make the same mistake again :(

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon