Reply to post:

Horn star Sudan, last male northern white rhino, dies aged 45

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Maybe it would be worth seeing if Mr. Putin could be persuaded to take an interest in megafauna conservation?

Megafauna not so much as it has been extinct in Siberia for millenia, but conservation - definitely: http://programmes.putin.kremlin.ru/tiger/

After all, he seems to consider being viewed as an animal lover to be good propaganda.

Indeed. Though on the balance of things we tend to provide him with better propaganda than anything he does.

I had a conversation with an elderly (and very pro-Putin) Russian lady after their elections. Her comment was: "Are all politicians in Britain retarded? He was going to win anyway, but why the hell did you give him 5-7% extra. Does your lot have even the faintest idea of how an unsupported accusation with a refusal to provide evidence will work on the typical "victim complex" Russian psyche? Do they actually employ someone who knows what are they doing?" I could only sigh and tell her that she is observing the effect of a red Oxford brick stuffed up an arse. I could not really add up anything up to it - she was bloody right. 100%.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon