Reply to post: Re: Which country was banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Surprise: Norks not actually behind Olympic Destroyer malware outbreak – Kaspersky

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Which country was banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics?

>Intoxication by VX group will stop your breathing very early on, before you go unconscious. You will not end up slumped on a bench with your daughter, you will be having your last gasps on the floor.

This was the aspect that got my attention.

My (limited) understanding of nerve agents suggested that if they had been targetted with a military grade agent with the intent to kill, it would have been quick acting, so effectively they must have been sitting on the park bench when a person unknown walked by and simply sprayed the area. This leaving a defusing cloud of stuff that would affect passers-by to varying degrees - hence why a total of 21 people were treated, in the case of the policeman, he probably walked right into the middle of the cloud and breathed the air directly around the victims.

I hence think the various press stories about, it being in the car, at the restaurant etc. etc. to be misdirections, probably due to the press trying to make sense of an investigation that they are distinctly being kept on the outside of.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon