Reply to post: Re: ANPR can be abused, by Police.

UK.gov told: Draw up code of practice for cops bulk-slurping car plates

Solviva

Re: ANPR can be abused, by Police.

"The HADEC3 Camera Westbound at J15 is obscured by trees and the higher number of offences seem to reflect the camera isn't as visible as the eastbound camera."

Because there's a certain group of people that believe speed limits only apply when there's a chance of being caught?

"I also believe the Police are deliberately "tagging" certain vehicles of people that are outspoken against speed cameras, so that any indiscretion over the speed limit, they will always receive a ticket."

Could it be these "outspoken" people are outspoken since they generally have more frequent "contact" with speed cameras to begin with? I'm generally happy with speed cameras and never had a ticket since I observe the applied speed limit as best I can. My only wish would be a speed repeater sign somewhere not too far before the camera.

"I think if a vehicle has had an ANPR marker placed against it, you should be able to find out and ask for what reason, at the moment, that's not possible."

When you get pulled over you can ask the plod nicely why she's stopped you, or she may even just come straight out, "we've stopped you as you have xxx marker on your vehicle".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon