Reply to post: Re: out of paper!

Office junior had one job: Tearing perforated bits off tractor-feed dot matrix printer paper

Anonymous Custard
Headmaster

Re: out of paper!

Also brings back memories of university days (a quarter of a century ago, eeek!) and the shared old HP laserjet which people were forced to use. Normally not much of an issue, except when some puppet tried to send a postscript image file directly to it, where for certain files rather than printing out an image on a nice single sheet, it tried to print out a few random characters per page on every page in the tray until it ran out.

Of course by sods law this always happened out of hours, and when you had something you needed to print urgently. Especially annoying when they just bunged the paper back in again after sorting things out, so your print-out ended up with various random characters superimposed on it.

Still it did end up with me being given admin rights to the print queue to help kill off such jobs, which I never ever used to queue-jump my printing rather than wait half an hour, honest guv'nor.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon