Reply to post: Re: I recall an incident

Sneaky satellite launch raises risk of Gravity-style space collision

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I recall an incident

More like, if CERN discovers as predicted that antimatter generates weak negative gravity (ie around -3%) and entangled antimatter more so, its possible that the drive I've invented could work.

If nothing else it should work better than an ion drive even if it needs a small nuclear reactor optimized for 66MeV with spiral rotating "buckets" of specially shaped magnesium-25 enriched sheets to produce sodium-22 or maybe even a fusor with a pyrolytic graphite inner grid and heavy metal target to take advantage of induced fission and dispose of surplus weapons-grade materials.

Intriguingly even if it works less well than expected the resulting stable neon can be used as fuel for a conventional ion drive or M2P2 hybrid.

see http://positron.physik.uni-halle.de/poster/ICPA16_Poster_22Na_positron_manufacture.pdf

To get this into orbit would cause some issues but a possible shortcut has been examined, ie use a hybrid lift engine based on large permanent magnets rotating around contra-rotating disks on a high conductivity landing pad to get it airborne assisted with a central turbofan and then engage the primary drive and rockets at around 25-50 feet once everything is stable, diverting power from the stored kinetic energy in the disks for added stability. This also overcomes any problems with EMI to ground based control systems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019