Reply to post:

DVLA denies driving licence processing site is a security 'car crash'

Sgt_Oddball Silver badge
Windows

That requires that they listen and take criticism that they've got it wrong...instead of say... claiming everything is fine and works with secure certificates because certificates just work don't they?

There are times were ignorance needs pointing out and arrogance shone a light on it's short comings. Especially with something with as much value as a UK driving licence (id card, permission to drive in busy about every country in the world, nothing much. Just generally an identity thiefs wet dream,)

I'd be more than happy to be wrong, it's just your comment is the management equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers '. They can just ignore it until the other party loses interest and tree problem goes away.

And I'm sorry if that sounds hyper critical of your comment but I've seen how these things can go.

That said after been shown up like this, I'd guess that the DVLA won't be so lapse again anytime soon once they've brought the site back after fixing the issues raised here. So.... in a way they have worked with them to get it fixed. (Nice touch having the article in a Friday though. Well played El reg)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019