Reply to post: Re: Microsoft’s business models require stealing and reselling personal data.

Microsoft says 'majority' of Windows 10 use will be 'streamlined S mode'

Snake
Big Brother

Re: Microsoft’s business models require stealing and reselling personal data.

Wait: because Android is any different?? o.O Tell that to the app developers.

Win10S sounds like, pretty much, Android Plus, and I can't see why people are in such a fuss. You live with the paradigm every day, every time you pull your phone out of your pocket, and billions of people seem happy with it. But, from MS, it is the Devil incarnate!!

And how many people hating on Win10 actually use it, on a day-to-day basis? I am in charge of Win7 machines plus a single Win10 machine at work; for personal use, I have two Win7 laptops plus two Win10 touchscreen laptops.

And, you know what? Win10 on touchscreen is actually...quite acceptable. Yeees, it does some things stupidly (why dual Control Panels? Really??!) But, overall, it is enjoyable to use, especially when I lend it to the non-hardcore. However, Win10 on the non-touchscreen desktop machine? I hate it to bits.

Maybe those of you bringing your legacy, non-touchscreen devices into Win10, and having a less than fruitful experience, need to try it on the hardware it was designed for?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019