Reply to post: It all started with bloat

A smartphone recession is coming and animated poo emojis can't stop it

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

It all started with bloat

I have yet to see a Big Name phone that wasn't contaminated with some hapless marketing droids idea of non-removable special "features" and applications they assumed, nay studiously believed, that people would find so utterly irresistable they would forsake the competition.

Well, anyone with inteligence above that of a single celled organism would have seen this was patently absurd. Indeed, it was one of the driving forces behind "alternative" ROMS which, curiously, are uniformly devoid of Samsung this, Sony that and Huwaei (however you spell it) other.

Having re-ROMed an Samsung S3 not so very long ago, it was a revelation to finish up with a phone that was a joy to use.

I now have a Chinese SIM free phone with as plain a vanilla OS as I could find. Its as pleasant as the bloat free S3, just faster and a bit bigger. Oh, and a fraction the price of a mainstrean, to the point I will upgarde much more readily.

Nope. Phone companies: you loaded that shotgun, clamped it against your feet and gave the trigger a good, hard yank. Numpties.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon