Reply to post: Re: Russia?

Surprise: Norks not actually behind Olympic Destroyer malware outbreak – Kaspersky

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Russia?

"Now? Who the fuck knows what's accurate even about yesterday let alone far into the future."

I strongly agree, no public sources seem reliable now.

But the word 'now' is significant. It does not simply seem like nostalgia - things have changed, but is that change due to 'natural' consequences of information overload or is it the result of intent? That's difficult to say too, but if it was the result of intentional action then it was well thought out and executed, at least at the start. But perhaps a more important question to ask right now is: who is trying to exploit it? And the answer to that seems to be: everyone.

Funny thing is, with human nature being what it is, I suspect that this will also be biting the players too and I doubt that none of them have any real control anymore. Although 'obviously' unlikely, this could be intentional too - that's how messed up things seem right now.

I think it is likely that none of the players will be happy with this situation for very long though; chaos and anarchy are anathema to the agencies when they don't control it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon