Reply to post: Re: Creepy...

Paul Allen's research vessel finds wreck of WWII US aircraft carrier

Hans 1
Unhappy

Re: Creepy...

@Zanzibar

You have to understand our British readership was raised to believe Britain won WWII single-handedly, it was also the last breath of our late empire, which most Brits believe still exists, no joke!

So yeah, us Brits, all we have is glorious history ... we love history, remember each battle we won and like to tease citizens of countries we defeated centuries ago by naming the battle .... we conveniently forget any allies who helped us out at the time or battles we lost ...

Britain, the last country on the planet where newsagents still carry war-glorifying WWII-related comics for kids after 1960 ... 2018 and still the same ... so yeah ... hopeless

Please note that I do not condone atrocities committed on either sides and I think it is important to remember that carnage so it never ever happens again, it is the glorification of war that is so puke-inducing.

Let us not forget The Daily Mail's title page "Britain does not want Jews from Europe" (paraphrasing) - absolutely NOTHING glorious about that.

Donw-vote on, I could not care less!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon