Reply to post: Re: Running in France

He's cheesed it! French flick pirate on the lam to swerve €80m fine, two-year stretch in the clink

Lars Silver badge
Happy

Re: Running in France

Returning to my first comment, it was about this subtitle.

"A Frenchman? Running away? Gawd, you don't say"

It is a stupid innuendo. Stupidity is, as we know, not a sin, but not to speak up is a sin.

So what makes some Brits so fond of this stupidity.

But on a lighter tone,

As far as I remember Britain had some nice property in France, but ran away. The French in the English language did not run away. The only French running I can spot is that France has run ahead of Britain as an economic power.

Perhaps we should try to find some logic behind this then.

Lets try modern Trumpism, the good guy called his competition names like “liar ” and “crooked” and it's a known fact that those words come easy when one is one oneself.

Perhaps the explanation to this “running in France” is indeed very similar.

Then we could also try the modern MAGA, the simplest form, the Trump method, is to try to make everybody else a bit smaller in order to feel bigger.

All countries have created their own “neighbour” stupidities, the English with the additional advantage of having such a large number of neighbours both at home and around the world.

Perhaps even world leading in this too.

I become well educated as a kid too, one of my favourites, one I would newer repeat is - “A Russian is a Russian even if you fry him in butter”. I am a bit reluctant to claim it's originally Finnish as Russia has many neighbours and it could also have been copied from some similar surrounding with an expansive big neighbour.

Anyway my original comment was really about “save the children”, stop the stupidity.

Should you find great solace in stupid innuendo try to keep it to yourself.

PS. I almost forgot to mention the high horses.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon