Reply to post: Two stories:

Batteries are so heavy, said user. If I take it out, will this thing work?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Two stories:

One, a women bought a digital camera with a computer system.

She came back into the store complaining that the camera wouldn't work properly.

So I inspected the camera, opened the battery door and pointed out the batteries were in the wrong way round. Well, I might as well have told her I sliced babies up in my spare time. She went apoplectic. "Of course it not the batteries she indignantly replied. If I plug it into my computer it works fine". Yes I replied, because the cable is providing the power.

You could see the cogs turning in her head.

2: An elderly chap (same camera) came in, barged his way to the front of the queue and barked that "this bloody camera doesn't work".

After politely explaining that there was a queue and I would deal with him presently he, to be fair, waited his turn. Whilst there was a queue behind him I asked what his problem was. "Bleeding thing's duff" was his reply. So, being logical, the first thing I did was check the batteries for incorrect polarity. No, that was fine. What wasn't fine was the cellophane wrapper he had neglected to remove off the twin pack AA cells!!!

I really don't mind helping people with issues like this. Any techie has had them, as well as the wifi switch / volume being turned off when closing or opening the lid on the laptop and we deal with them but when some shitty obnoxious customer starts on me, then I fire back. The customer is NOT always right.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon