Reply to post: @ Updraft102

The e-waste warrior, 28,000 copied Windows restore discs, and a fight to stay out of jail

JJKing
Alien

@ Updraft102

None of this has been a problem for me, even though I've been using Windows for 27 years and Linux for about one year now.

How very fortunate that nothing has been a problem for you. I have been using Windows for a bit longer than you and I can remember much of what I learnt while studying for my Windows NT 4.0 Server MCSE.

I remember most of what I studied when I passed my Commercial Pilot Licence theory exams 36 years ago. I do however have a problem when I go to the supermarket and can no longer find items that get periodically shuffled around by the stores in an attempt to keep it fresh. I can remember (I think) purchasing the item that I get frequently 1, 2 or 3 days ago but get extremely frustrated when I can't find it "now". I can however put together a Server 2003 AD, Exchange 2003 network. Server 2008 R2 I can still do but takes longer.

I do have a problem with the different locations that Microsoft keep hiding various settings. Server 2012 R2 can turn out to be a disaster sometimes but Server 2016 and Windows 10 would result in no hair left if I did indeed have any left. As for Mint, that is only good for putting on some roast lamb.

I do have a problem that I am not the only one suffering from this condition and knowing that one day my memories from 45, 50 or 55 years ago will no longer be there. So just because that none of this has been a problem for you, don't expect everyone else to not have this problem for you. I hope you don't experience this and hopefully you don't so you will maybe remember that there are others out there that do have this problem for them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon