Reply to post: Why a print button?

A print button? Mmkay. Let's explore WHY you need me to add that

James O'Shea

Why a print button?

Because I want to print things. I do not care if you think that printing things is old-fashioned; I want to print things. I usually print things to PDFs and store them in folders in a nice hierarchial system, with the name of the PDF containing the date the thing was printed. I then back up the folders, so that the PDFs don’t get losted. Some PDFs are emailed to people who need to have access to the thing. On occasion I print to actual real paper; those copies usually go to [official idiot office] because they insist on actual real paper. On occasion I print to the fax function of the printer, and have [other official idiot office, which insists on faxes, not emails] print from the fax function of their printer. Or, perhaps, to the PDF creator function of their printer. I have a lot of PDFs. Typically, I print to PDF every time I order something, every time I get a reply from a vendor, etc; this adds up to a nice paper trail, especially as all PDFs are in a nice little folder named, for example, ‘Replacement Windows Desktops Order 15 Feb 2018’, and yes, that’s a real folder. Vendors have been known to ‘forget’ stuff; having their words on a nice PDF really helps Legal when they remind said vendors. Having the vendor’s words on actual paper really helps Legal if they have to go in front of a judge. Which has happened.

Now, get the bloody print button implemented. It should have been there in the first place, your product is not fit for purpose until it is in place as specified from the beginning. You have until Friday. On Monday your management will recieve a note from Legal, informing them that the contract has been terminated for non-compliance, and with your damn foolishness attached to show why. The penalty clause in the contract will be activated, and your company will owe us umpty-ump thousand dollars/pounds/euros, payable by the end of next week, or we’ll see you in court. And if you think that I am joking or bluffing, try me. And stuff your bloody DevOps bullshit up your arse.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon